This Page

has been moved to new address

A few of my favorite things - MK Memory

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: A few of my favorite things - MK Memory

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Monday, November 22, 2010

A few of my favorite things - MK Memory

Thought I'd share this from last year - a tour of my Christmas stuff!

Anyone want to join in? I'll do this again for my 2010 decorations and add a linky. How's the second week of December.

I'm totes in the Christmas spirit this year. It's hit me like a mack truck and I am just going with it.

Sing along with me, will you? "Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens..." - Oh hell to the NO - I'm NOT a cat person. But, the whole "favorite things" are making me smile.

I give you...

Momma Kiss' favorite Christmas Decorations!


This is taken from my front entry way. Actually Big Kiss took it, just this evening. Our living room has this huge open ceiling that provides for a lot of light and living. We LIVE in our living room. No plastic on the Kiss Hizza couches. So the ornaments hanging from the upstairs ceiling and the lights on the banister up and around the look-over make me mega happy. Also? Do ya see that little mistle toe? Do ya? It's actually a kissing ball - and gets a lot of action if I do say so myself.



My very first 'ornament' received upon moving to Boston. It was some decor for my cubicle, as I was part of the zoo called Public Accounting...and tho we were rarely in the office, when I was - it was nice to see this lil plush poinsettia at my desk.



This lil' beauty was given to me by my mother in law. The first Christmas "out East" was my first in 26 years that I wasn't with my mom. By the way, I was 26. So yah, my first EVER. And my future in-laws really made me feel welcome. They had all sorts of presents for me and even a stocking. Hello loved! Plus? She sorta looks like me - so yah, it's a keeper.



Moving right along, yes, this is a New York Yankee's ornament. Get over it. I met Mr. Kiss at a Yankee game. So it's a treasure.


I now present the crystal tree that hangs on my real tree! Given to me by a dear dear friend about 8 years ago. It's sparkly and catches every single little light.



It was Christmas of 2006. I had an 18 month old cherub. We dumped him off with Gram & Gramps and went to NYC for the weekend. Mr. Kiss surprised me with tickets to see A Christmas at Rockefeller Center (or whatever the Eff it's called - the Rockette's danced). Naturally, I had to buy this totally overpriced ornament, you know, for posterity's sake.




Got this the first year we owned a home. Not a 450 sq foot condo...a HOME!


My children made this last week. A paper chain. From post-it notes. Lovely.


Can you see how cute that little shit is? That's Big Kiss. When he was 5 mos old. Dressed as Santa. He couldn't even sit up, such a weeble. My hands were behind the curtain holding his fat ass up. I guess he was meant to be Santa that year.



Well Eff Me, you can't really see it. I may need to find another version of the picture.

Know what is NOT one of my favorite things?

One string of lights went out on my tree. ONE. In the fucking middle. Well actually near the bottom. I'm so pissed, I'm tempted to just leave it as is - you know - and we shall say it was The Christmas of the Retarded Half-Lit Tree.*



*At least we know Momma was lit when she tried to post this goddam thing.

p.s. Did you know how bad Egg Nog is for you? Especially the Sugar Cookie Egg Nog type? Really bad. Lots of calories and fat and sugar and all that yummy delicious goodness. Especially bad for you when you spike it. Because who Doesn't spike their egg nog?

p.p.s. If you can't tell where the lights are out, then you're clearly not as Christmas Tree Light Decorating obsessed as I am and we could never ever be best friends. The End.

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger tulpen said...

I could totally tell where the lights were out. That shit would drive me fucking insane.

I've never consumed even a sip of egg nog. Ever. Shit looks like phlegm.

11/22/10, 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

Oh I love this! We are putting up the decorations next weekend and I might have to partake in this. Our tree is like a memory diarrhea of nostalgia. Fack Martha
Stewart and her coordinating trees and accessories. I like my tree because I can sit there and look at each ornament and have a nice fuzzy thought of Christmases past.
PS. Yankees? WTF? Go Tigers. Rawr

11/22/10, 9:09 AM  
Blogger Bird Shit said...

awe I love sentimental ornaments! I can't wait to put my Christmas tree up.

11/22/10, 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, you are making me all Christmas spirited now. I don't want to turn you off, but my best bud, GG, constantly feels the need to remind me that the spiked rum egg nog I so enjoy this time of year is like drinking rum flavored phlegm. It is one of the few things we disagree on, so I'm glad to have found you and your blog. I can drink my egg nog without feeling like a phlegm drinking loser now.

11/22/10, 10:21 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

whoa - you are very hardcore about your holiday decor!

11/22/10, 10:25 AM  
Blogger WTH am I Doing? said...

One year? We were a little short on lights (new house, found Christmas tree). The lights only covered about 2/3 of the tree. I had to buy more lights. Drove me nutso.

Oh, & eggnog? Is wonderful. I allow myself 1 eggnog latte per season. Also? No one else in my house will drink it...so it's noggy goodness? All mine.

11/22/10, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Moooooog35 said...

I thought 'kissing ball' was less 'something you hang' and more of 'something to do.'

11/22/10, 1:44 PM  
Blogger Lynn MacDonald said...

OH NO! WE'RE RED SOX FANS!!! The end to a beautiful relationship. Other than the Yankee ornament, i enjoyed your Christmas spirit.

11/22/10, 2:10 PM  
Blogger The mad woman behind the blog said...

LOVE IT! And I love you even more that you don't have TINSEL on the tree. Some people call it icicles. I call it silver hairballs. Used to take it off the tree in handfuls and stuff it between the sofa cushions.
And the lights? I wouldn't sleep, no matter how drunk, until I fixed them!

11/22/10, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

There is sugar cookie egg nog? Clearly, I am missing out.

11/22/10, 6:10 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Oh, I might have to do this too. I'm kind of a crazy person when it comes to decorating for Christmas.

11/22/10, 6:47 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

love the yankee ornament :)

11/22/10, 7:55 PM  
Blogger Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Once upon a time long long ago, my family won a christmas tree in a radio contest. It was a really big deal that I should write about now that I'm thinking of it. Anyway, the radio station gave us a ten foot artificial christmas tree. We had 400 lights to put on it. (Not enough, I know. I'm not retarded). So only 200 of the lights turn on once we're finished putting them on this 10 foot tall tree with ladders and crap.

I was 12 years old at the time. Everyone is all flustered. I walked over to the tree and grabbed one random bulb. Bang. The whole things lights up.

I would do that for you if you'd promise we'd be BFFs forever.

11/22/10, 8:06 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Your decorations rock! I would be fixing the tree after having spiked eggnog. Three years ago I had my last spiked eggnog. Actually a lot of spiked eggnog.

11/22/10, 8:15 PM  
Blogger Tarja said...

Love the Yankees ornament. You got go with sentimentality over hometown team. And how could you not notice the missing lights? And also, I freakin' love eggnog. Tulpen, dude, start drinking the spiked phlegm already.

11/22/10, 11:21 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Cannot take a sip of that eggnog no way.

Spiked to hell and back or not, no way is that thick stuff going down..

which could be why 50 guys asked you to marry them vs my one.

P.S. Liz is all about the eggnog love. Even got her DD hooked. True Story.

11/23/10, 12:42 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm so excited now, and I want to blog about my favorite ornaments, but mine will only be pictures because I won't remember where they came from...

11/23/10, 9:10 AM  
Blogger KLZ said...

Your tree is up? I'm so jealous. I still have to clear our crap out of a corner just to find space for the tree.

11/23/10, 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"p.s. Did you know how bad Egg Nog is for you? Especially the Sugar Cookie Egg Nog type? Really bad. Lots of calories and fat and sugar and all that yummy delicious goodness. Especially bad for you when you spike it. Because who Doesn't spike their egg nog?"

Who the heck cares?! It's the holidays! You got all of the next year to regret the weight gain and alcohol induced madness.

11/23/10, 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

I ask you - What the hell good is egg nog if it isn't spiked??

11/23/10, 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Erin I'm Gonna Kill Him said...

I used to know a guy by the last name Haggedorn - important because only a man named something so oafish as this would do this - who would tote around a gallon of egg nog to high school, from which he would draw sips all day long. He did this every other day for the whole month of December.

I need that Yankees ornament now that I'm in Maine, Red Sox world. I want to give them as stocking stuffers to all my neighbors.

11/23/10, 2:09 PM  
Blogger Ma What's 4 dinner said...

What's the point of even drinking egg nog if it's not spiked? I can't believe you're rocking the evil empire ornament in Beantown. Don't let your neighbors see it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

11/24/10, 8:36 AM  
Blogger Jenni Chiu @MommyNaniBooboo said...

Post-it-note paper chain- Best. Ever.
PS- you make me feel waaayyy behind on my decorating.
PPS- Egg nog must always be spiked. Tubs of it must always be drank. That's what New Year's resolutions are for.

11/24/10, 2:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

our tree goes up Friday morning!! Cannot wait! Also buying the kids post it notes NOW!!
kimmiekuhl31@comcast.net b/c I seriously think you rock, and I so appreciate you commenting over at my blog.

11/24/10, 6:58 PM  
Blogger MrsBlogAlot said...

Beautiful!!! And I saw all the broken lights I swear!!!! Ok maybe but I tried and that's what counts right? (-: Love the Yankees ornament!!! That is so sweet...I feel funny wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving here in Xmas land so maybe I'll just be early and wish you a Merry Xmas (-: xoxoxo!

11/25/10, 9:08 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Ooooh, i've seen Mommakiss' christmas extravaganza - and it's spectacular! It's fun, warm, personal and full of love! Best christmas party evah :-)

11/25/10, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Christmas decorations. My favourite part every year is unwrapping the ornaments and re-living their story. I will join in.
email address lisaschwartz12@hotmail.com
Lisa

11/26/10, 12:21 AM  
Blogger Lori @ In Pursuit of It All said...

Ok, I can totally see where the lights are out on the tree, but I would never SAY anything.

And...I live for egg-nog. I only let myself have it one the tree is up. Despite the fact that you can buy it year round now. WTF? Who needs to be able to buy egg-nog year round?

Dangerous. That's what that is.

And that's all beautiful, wonderful lady. Just beautiful.

11/27/10, 12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally down for doing the linky! I love the bios on your favorite ornaments. Big Kiss' ornament is too cute. I want to bite his cheeks. We are getting our tree tomorrow. I. Cannot. Wait.

11/27/10, 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home