This Page

has been moved to new address

Sometimes it's fun being married to me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Sometimes it's fun being married to me

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sometimes it's fun being married to me

I got this e-mail from Mr. Kiss the other day:

Thanks for being a working mom. It takes a lot to do that nowadays and glad you have a grasp on that and expenses. I see some of the guys really struggling here with this decision to move* because they are single income with wives who don’t ‘get it’.

Love you.


*the move is a potential job in Texas, as their company has been bought by the Fucking French.

Well his e-mail kinda made my year.


I shop. I shop a LOT. Mostly at Target. But I can get every-fucking-thing-under-the-SUN at Target. Prescriptions, food, make up, shampoo, toys, clothes, miralax (don't ask).


And sometimes? He gives me shit about the Target bill. Like "That was $1,300 in the past 3 months!" Well, Honeypie, imagine if I were some snoot and HAD to shop at Needless Markup? Or even Macy's? And HAD to buy shoes Jimmy Choo?


Because seriously, that would most likely quad-triple-multiply the monthly expenditures.


After I let it sink in, I had to realize that even though the man gets under my nerves sometimes, he's pretty good to have around. Just acknowledging the struggles of a working mom gets him some points, not to mention the "love you." He rarely signs e-mails that way.


So I had to reply to him, right?


Here you go:


Who are you and what did you do with my husband?


Kidding, Thank You. Love you, too.


p.s. this means my dress shopping at Target was ok, right? Spent $39 for your party, but it could have been $129.99 at Ann Taylor :)


p.p.s. I need $40 for my hair appointment tomorrow, for your Party.


p.p.p.s. And don't forget I'm getting my nails done. For Your Party!


Don'tcha wish you were married to me?


footy-note. I'm off to NYC for a while.

Labels: , ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Dazee Dreamer said...

omg, I loved your reply email. Because I would have probably done the same thing.

12/5/10, 10:30 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

Aw, he's sweet. But, I love your reply!

Texas? Wow.

12/5/10, 10:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The things we do to look good for our men :) Love the e-mails!

12/5/10, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Lucky mr. Kiss! Very very lucky, he is.

12/5/10, 3:29 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'd like to see his blog post relating to being married to you!

Hope you had a blast in NYC!

12/5/10, 4:22 PM  
Blogger Helena said...

Ha, I'm identifying with your reply email.

But really, imagine if you spent that much (quad-triple-multiply that much), and you didn't work. Yeah. That would be kind of stressful for everyone.

I'm not sure if I'll work or not when we have kids, but I really admire women who can do it all. Heck, I can barely do half of it, and we don't have children yet!

12/5/10, 5:04 PM  
Blogger KLZ said...

This almost makes me wish I were going to David's holiday party.

But I hate those schmucks.

12/5/10, 5:24 PM  
Blogger The mad woman behind the blog said...

Yup, I sometimes think it would be awesome to be married to you. I'd cook and you'd be on board when cereal was on the menu.

He's a lucky guy for sure. (and you ain't doin bad either!)

12/5/10, 5:54 PM  
Blogger Booyah's Momma said...

Target is just evil. I'd boycott that place if only I didn't love it so much.

But your husband? Sounds pretty awesome.

12/5/10, 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in NYC! Keep your shirt on. It's cold!

12/6/10, 1:20 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Are you moving to Tejas???

12/6/10, 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

See that's why us Canadians are so lucky. Actually, make that my husband is lucky that we don't have that blazing bullseye target.
I'm pretty sure that I could lose all my money and my husband there.

12/6/10, 12:47 PM  
Blogger Jenni Chiu @MommyNaniBooboo said...

Wait... are you not getting shoes for the party?

12/6/10, 1:46 PM  
Blogger Tarja said...

I love you PS's! Cracked me up. And justifies my hair and nails for my husband's party too! Thank you. You need to print that email out and put that puppy on a corkboard or something. You know, for when he signs the email, Take out the trash.

12/6/10, 2:40 PM  
Blogger Tarja said...

Uh, that should say "your PS's." Damn typos.

12/6/10, 2:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I would give the guy major kudos, too. For some reason it's one of the hardest things in the world to get some credit from men. I'm glad yours is well-aware of how awesome you are!

12/6/10, 4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww! That was nice of your man. You made some excellent points, MK. I absolutely love the store Needless Mark-up. I should've said store name. I love that store name.

12/7/10, 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

Now THAT'S funny! I try the same lines with my husband... but he's so damn cheap he just doesn't get it. That is, of course, unless there's some new tech gadget out that he never knew he HAD to have until he sees it on a commercial.

12/7/10, 2:01 AM  
Blogger Lisa..... said...

I tell my husband all the time, he is lucky I don't buy clothes at Nordstrom or even the GAP and I buy my make up from Target. I'd rather travel than look like I have money.

12/7/10, 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Erin I'm Gonna Kill Him said...

1. Save that email forever. That'll get you through the shit times.
2. Are you moving to TX? Besides needing bullhorns, you'll be amongst a bevvy of bloggers at least.
3. Since moving to Maine, I've had to acclimate to living near a WMT instead of Target. I refuse to enter anymore. Not only is the merchandise subpar to Target, but it's like a cock fighting ring in Puerto Rico. Instead of cocks, it's mutants, though.

12/7/10, 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah! Love it! I just did the same thing - got my nail, toes and hair done - all for my husbands xmas party! lol

12/8/10, 1:45 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

I think I wouldn't even live long enough to enjoy an e-mail like that from my husband because I'd probably die of shock right there on the spot.

So sweet of him to acknowledge all that you do. He appreciates you and that is soooo very sweet.

12/8/10, 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my wife has spent $1300 in the $1 bins at Target alone.

12/8/10, 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot there was such a thing as 'getting your nails done'. Off to turn off my word verification, your ass better be commenting.

12/8/10, 7:42 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Mr. Kiss is a lucky lucky man.

12/9/10, 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too too funny!!!

12/9/10, 11:30 AM  
Blogger Lori @ In Pursuit of It All said...

Hmmph.

Himself's party is a lunchtime pot-luck this year. 1. I don't get to go, and 2. Even if I did, no new apparel or undo primping is required.

Doesn't carry the same weight for MY party.

12/9/10, 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, print that email from him and frame it. The most offensive thing by far my hubs has ever said to me was a couple of months ago when I was in the process of deciding to quit my job & stay home while my son goes to half day kindergarten. And i quote, "I don't understand why it's so hard for you to work with the kid. Other women do it and they have more than one."
Those were fightin' words.

12/9/10, 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home