This Page

has been moved to new address

Friday Flip Off 12-3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Friday Flip Off 12-3

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Flip Off 12-3

Tuesday evening, we took the boys for hair cuts. They typically do a close cut, #2 on the sides, #3 on the back. This winter, we're trying to grow it a little to give them a style. For the growing process, their girl had to do some blending, so the buzzers were used.

It's such a distinct sound, the buzz of an electric clipper. Moving up the head as the hair just falls away...

Wednesday morning when I showered, I distinctly remembered washing my hair. Smooshing the soap around, running my fingers through to get all of the conditioner out, grabbing all of the lose ends and rinsing them down. I remember blow drying my hair - thinking what a pain in the ass it was.

Wednesday afternoon, I remember being annoyed at the rain that was messing up my hair as I ran across the street to the cafe.

I was meeting A.

We were having a cocktail before going to the salon.

The salon where she got her head shaved.

Did she do the same on Wednesday morning? Did she try to remember her 'last day' with her "Mess"-y hair? Was she scared as the clippers started to buzz...

I can't speak for A, but as one of few witnesses, I can say she sat with her shoulders high and a smile on her face.

Even through the tears and trembling chin, she smiled.

Today, I have a double middle finger flip off to Stage 3 Breast Cancer. Once again, Fuck You. For making my friend have to be so very brave. And for making me be strong in the face of fear, but losing my shit for an entire day after.




a linky for sharing...

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Tayarra said...

You were on my mind a lot yesterday. Missed you. You know how I feel about all this so I'm done.

12/3/10, 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys make a good team. A is brave. So brave.

12/3/10, 9:16 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Poor A! I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the salon.

12/3/10, 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

I've understood your frustration about cancer reading your posts about your friend, only because I have had friends with cancer. Not close friends, though, merely acquaintences. I've brought a meal or two but that is about it -however, reading your post today I couldn't help but reach for my own hair and cry. This was one of the most powerful posts I think I have read of yours so far because it engaged so much of my senses. Your friend is very lucky to have you - and I think it is good that you get to blow off some steam away from her as well. hang in there.

- em

12/3/10, 1:42 PM  
Blogger tulpen said...

I bet she looks hot bald.

12/3/10, 3:54 PM  
Blogger The Zany Housewife said...

Fuck Cancer.

I applaud Miss A for her bravery. And for you in being such a great friend. We should all be so fortunate to have people like you in our lives.

And ditto to what Tulpen said.

12/3/10, 4:45 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

I'm with Tulpen. I met she is SATC Samantha Jones hot and taking cancer by the balls and squeezing it hard. Hair is over rated.

12/3/10, 5:22 PM  
Blogger JoAnn Smith said...

crying my eyes out for someone I've never met, but admire her strength. Hang in there sweetie - one of my best friends in the world is a 25 year survivor of breast cancer, twice over. It can be beaten!

12/3/10, 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have someone who just found out Tuesday that she has to have both her breasts removed...and will find out more in a week! I feel for you and for "A" and I wish I had a finger big enough to do more than just say "fuck you" to cancer, while the other finger is saluting (in a good way) her for being so brave!

12/3/10, 6:57 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I got nothing but love for both of ya. Hugs.

12/3/10, 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Hugs.

12/6/10, 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Tara Dee said...

You are a great supporter for A and am glad you wrote this post, I'm sure there are many people who can relate to this..keep it up and best wishes.

12/10/10, 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Samantha said...

I have a friend going through the same thing right now. She has had surgery, her head shaved and 5 out of 6 chemo treatments complete. She soldiers on like nobody's business. I admire her. I'm a little late on this, but I'm flipping off breast cancer too.

12/14/10, 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home