This Page

has been moved to new address

Good and Bad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Good and Bad

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Good and Bad

Things I've loved during recovery.

Movies. Lots and lots of movies. I never get to watch movies because it costs about a hundy to go out to a movie or if we rent, I usually fall asleep.

Sleep. I fall asleep whenever I want. On the couch. In my cozy chair of recovery. It's bliss.

Drugs. Need I say more?

Gifts. Shit yeah - I've had some great deliveries (edible arrangements, fruit basket from work, flowers, meals made by friends, cupcakes!).

Playing the "I need to rest card."

Not working.

Things that haven't been so grand:

No less than 4 drainage tubes left in me post-op. And the stuff that drained from them. And the removal of them.

Hiccups.

Laughing. (great for the soul, not so great for healing abdominal muskles).

Colace and ExLax.

Empty DVR (but that'll soon be fixed, it's season premier time)

Getting used to not working.

4 Comments:

Blogger JenJen said...

hi dammit
you definitely do not want to try and push the poop out while in stitches. Go Ex-Lax and Colace.

Yeah. I pick out the only smidge about poop. I have a six year old boy. We think poop is fuggin' hilarious.

9/18/09, 3:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling well. Did you seen any movies worth recommending. I never go to movies because being a single mom I usually have the Macs and it is either computer-generated univeral solider shit or animated aardvark adventures. Wow, a real movie...what's that... Take care of yourself. lisa

9/18/09, 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Val said...

I commented on the last post but my damn computer ate it.

Glad you are feeling better!

I always love your lists. They make me laugh. :)

9/20/09, 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to think of an operation that would get me out of work for 6 weeks or so. Poop and drainage aside, what you're doing sounds way better than going to work every day. Feel better!

9/20/09, 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home