This Page

has been moved to new address

A Lil love for my Big boy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: A Lil love for my Big boy

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Lil love for my Big boy

Big Kiss is a typical 3 year old. New 3 year old, his birthday was in June. And I feel like I've been on him for a while now. Like constantly on him, and because he's a generally good kid - we forget that he IS only 3. So I thought that instead of complaining about his antics, I'd document all that he does that makes me smile :)


Says excuse me (to interrupt AND after farting)
Says please and thank you
Pats Lil Kiss' back and says "It’s ok buddy"
Twirls my hair when sitting next to me during pre-bed cartoons
Knows his colors and loves to count
Cracks jokes
Likes to swiffer the floors and help vacuum
Waits his turn when playing at the playground
Gets diapers for me when his lil bro needs a change
Draws “dolphins”
Tells me a secret (“my love you most”)
Washes his face in the tub
Puts the toothbrush and toothpaste back in the drawer
Puts the toilet seat and lid down (daddy doesn’t even do that)
Brings me flowers - yellow dandelions
Has the softest hands I've ever felt
Drops everything, I mean EVERYTHING - and runs to me when I pick up at daycare
Opens doors for me
Tells me he likes my necklace
Likes to put lotion on my face (after his post-bath lotion) saying "close you eyes"
Looks at the toys strewn about at the end of the day and says "Who made this mess? Let's clean it up! My don't need your help!"
Shares his syrupy pancakes with me
Dances like me (total whitey)
Smiles for the camera. 23409898723948x a day
Always asks for just one more book, one more song, one more kiss
Entertains Lil Kiss in the mornings so we can all get out the door
Reminds me to put skunskureen on everyone
Also reminds me to wear my buckle, or the police will be sad
sings "what's gonna work, TEAMwork" when we're all working together

Sigh.

I could probably go on for pages and books and tomes. I'm so proud of my son. And often feel like his little brother is getting the shaft because we focus so much on Big Kiss - but he talks and understands so much more, so yes - we focus on him. And I need to remember to emphasize the positives and remember that he's only 3. And he loves me unconditionally.


And no worries, I'm not playing faves! Lil Kiss' birthday is coming up and I've got my Ode to him in draft mode. I'm so proud of both of my boys. They're funny and beautiful and genuine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really sweet. It made me tear up.
I can tell how much you love your lil man (men)...

8/26/08, 10:23 PM  
Blogger {amy k.} said...

So sweet! My little neices sing the teamwork song too- it's so cute!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway!

8/27/08, 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home