This Page

has been moved to new address

Gotham awaits...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Gotham awaits...

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gotham awaits...



In celebration of my visit to The Big City this weekend – I shall confess my absolute love for Broadway Musicals.

I’m a tool.

I’ve never been into theater (from the participant point of view) and can’t sing to save my life, but for some reason – musicals just make me happy.

I’m pretty sure it started with my niece, she’s been involved in theater her whole life and she sent me the Wicked Soundtrack and I fell in love with it without ever seeing the show. We also have this local radio station that plays Show Tunes every Saturday and Sunday that feeds my fix.

I’ve seen theatrical productions (big words, Momma, careful!) locally and such, but there’s NOTHING like seeing a musical in New York City. Nothing at all. The actors work so hard, for 8 shows a week. I have the utmost respect for them.

To share one experience, I was scheduled for some continuing ed training in NY, traveling w/ 2 other co-workers. I was newly pregnant and didn’t want to tell them yet, so the easiest way to bag on a big night of boozing was to plan my own party – I got a solo ticket to Wicked, The Musical. I paid double, and during the show realized I would have paid even 2x more! I called the Mr. during the break and told him what a dork I was: singing along and acting like a 5 year old. I was so giddy.

Other faves: Rent, Phantom, Chicago. On the hit list – Lion King!

Anyway – this weekend we’re headed to Gotham and I really wish we had time to see a show, but it’s not in the schedule. So I’m re-living my first Wicked experience today w/ some tunes. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I am Baby Momma's friend and read your blog! :) I have been deciding on whether to see Wicked or not and you have now sold me to get the tickets! :)

I too loved Phantom and Chicago - and 42nd Street is a definite must see! I just saw Chorus Line recently too. I HATED CATS!

I am glad you enjoyed yourself! :) YAY for fun evenings! :)

7/30/08, 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home