This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Thankful

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

Thanksgiving has come and gone.

Unless you're Canadian, and celebrated ages ago - pretty much everyone knows this. I'm well aware.

But I have had my head so far up my depressed ass, I've really lost sight of some really basic things.  The Unconditional love is so important. So are the basic necessities that I tend to take for granted. Like trips to the grocery store with no hesitation swiping that debit card.  Or trips to Target (my lovah) getting what we need and what we want.

Or more importantly, teaching Big Kiss (4 1/2), that not all boys have new clothes or new toys or even all the food they need sometimes. 

We chose an 'angel' tree tag from his daycare, a 4 year old boy, who asked for bakugons and leapster and clothes. And?

He wanted new sheets.  That about broke my heart, knowing we have a closet full of plain and plaid and printed and mismatched sheets.  Who knows if he's got a bunch of new or old sheets, but the fact that he wanted some for Christmas? Well he got some. 2 sets, actually. And 3 outfits. And 12 bakugons. And a leapster game. Because Seriously? I can afford it. I can. And not everyone is in that position and I need to pay it forward. 

It was a true moment with that sweet potato of my Big Kiss, too. He really 'got it' that this boy doesn't have a lot and he was more than happy to spend my money to give to a stranger ;)

Think he's ready to help feed the homeless? We'll work on that one...

6 Comments:

Blogger JenJen said...

Hi Dammit
My daughter went to the food pantry to help stock shelves. It is a good thing.
Good for you and Big Kiss!

11/30/09, 5:06 PM  
Blogger Michael Blanchard said...

This is a great thing. I need to find something like this to do with my little guy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get it, sweet and well meaning as he is. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

11/30/09, 6:29 PM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Every year, we adopt a child too. Sometimes it's a small one, sometimes it's a bigger one, this year it didn't specify the age. All it said was "Baby Doll."

That's what I wanted to get my daughter.

For some reason that parallel made me so, so sad. I don't know why. So this little girl, however old she is, she is the owner of the PIMPEST baby doll with ALL the accessories her Aunt Becky could find.

It's not enough. I wish I could hug her and take her out shopping for everything she wants and more.

Sheets, man. Now I'm crying. Fucking sheets.

11/30/09, 7:57 PM  
Blogger Sassy Britches said...

Okay, that was the kicker. I'm teary now.

11/30/09, 10:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Merry Sunshine said...

I've always done that too...it's rough when you used to have it to spare and now you stress about buying your own kids present. Maybe I should find a tree for people to buy US crap this year ;) (it's not that bad, lol we have sheets)

12/1/09, 2:11 PM  
Blogger FFS said...

You're a good momma. Good to teach your chillen's to give back.

I can't wait till mine is old enough to get it. I need to find a tree. Thanks for reminding me.

12/2/09, 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home