This Page

has been moved to new address

Namesakes...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Momma Kiss: Namesakes...

Momma Kiss

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Namesakes...

Big Kiss is named after one of my brothers. I’m 5th in line of 6 kids, 4 being much older (6, 8, 10 and 12 yrs older). I was clearly a whoops and I think my mom had my little brother to keep me company. He and I were the “2nd” family, the little kids. On January 17, 1994 he was a Senior in high school. He left school with his girlfriend to get some lunch.

He never came back.

Their car hit a patch of ice, and slid so that he (in the passenger side) was hit by an oncoming vehicle. They physically kept him alive until my mom could make the 1 hour trip to the hospital (imagine that drive!)…and she was with him when they turned off the machines. He was 17 and much too young to leave this world.

I was 19 and away at college. It’s been 14 years and the sting has dulled, but there are days that I just ache for him. And days I rejoice in the short time that I was graced with his presence. I mean, come on, we fought! As all siblings do! But he was my constant. My constant in fights against Mom. My constant in many childhood moves. My constant when Mom was in college and we were latch key kids.

His death left an emptiness that no one will ever be able to fill, but recently I’ve seen parts of him in Big Kiss. And it sure does make me believe in angels…

Just recently I’ve noticed that Big Kiss loves to build puzzles. I know all kids build puzzles. But Big Kiss has a passion for them. And this is totally from his Uncle, his Namesake. I hope he gets some of his other traits, like being kind and smart! Man, my brother was smart! He was in my math class (when he was in 6th grade, me 8th). I also hope he’s athletic and genuine.

And when he scores his first basket or throws his first pass, I’ll be looking to the sky and winking at my brother…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi, dammit! For the love o Gah, I hope you have an e-mail that I can reply to. Plleeeease say you do!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home